Frequently Asked Questions
With First Citizens Digital Banking, you can:
- View and manage all of your accounts
- Deposit checks from your mobile phone or tablet (mobile app required)
- Transfer funds and pay bills
- Pay people using their email address or mobile phone number
- Enroll in and view e.statements
- And so much more
- Internet Explorer (IE) 11 and higher
- Chrome 38 and higher
- Firefox 33 and higher
- Safari 7.0 and higher
You will need to have an active First Citizens account to get started. If you do not have an active First Citizens account, you can open one online, visit your local branch or call us. We'll be glad to help you.
- Select “New User Login” from the login box located on the left side of the home page
- Enter the Login ID you selected when you opened your account, and follow the steps to receive and enter your one-time Secure Access Code.
If you will be using the device regularly, we recommend selecting the option to “Register Device” to avoid entering a temporary Secure Access Code every time you log in.
Still have questions? View our login demo to learn more
- Your browser settings are configured to delete cookies.
- Your browser cookies for Digital Banking were removed.
- You use a browser plugin that automatically removes browser cookies when you close the browser.
- You log in with a different browser on the same registered computer.
- You deleted and reinstalled the mobile banking app.
- For security reasons, we may have reset all active registrations for all users.
On a tablet or mobile phone, the registration information is automatically uninstalled when you delete the mobile banking app.
When changing your Login ID or Password, please follow the guidelines below:
- Login IDs must be 6-14 characters
- Your Login ID cannot be the same as your password.
- Passwords are case sensitive and must be between 8-14 characters long, and must include at least one uppercase letter, one number and one special character. Your password cannot be the same as your Login ID.
- Add New Account Group - select the account you want to put into a new group, then hold and drag that account over the Inbox icon that will appear in the bottom right corner of your screen and release the account. A new section will appear titled New Group. You can continue to select and drag other accounts to drop into the newly added group. To rename the group, click on the pencil icon next to the title, edit and click on the checkmark to save.
- Reorder Account List - select the account you want to move and hold while you drag the account to its new location. You can reorder accounts within a group, or you can drag and drop accounts into a new group or a preexisting group.
- Edit Group Name - select the pencil icon next to the title, edit and click on the checkmark to save.
The Account Details page is a record of processed and cleared transactions against your account from all sources. This information may contain many of the same items that you will see on your bank statement. The Account Details page does not include transactions that have been drafted, approved, or canceled in Digital Banking, only those that have already cleared or that will clear your account the next processing day.
- Checking Accounts
- Savings Accounts
- Credit Cards
- Home Equity Lines
To transfer to your account at another bank, you will need to first add your account by selecting “Add External Account2” in the left navigation menu under Payments and Transfers.
You can choose to make a single transfer to another account holder or link another account holder's account (for deposit purposes only) to your digital banking. If you plan to make more than one transfer to the other account holder, or if you need to create a recurring or future-dated transfer, linking the account is required. Once the account is linked, it will appear under transfer funds as an account that can be transferred “to.”
- Institution's Routing Number
- Your Account Number at that institution
- Account Type (checking or savings)
- Pay a single bill or multiple bills at once, in seconds
- Set up recurring payments and reminders
- Receive bills electronically with eBills
- Receive protection in the event of unauthorized transactions or processing delays
- Save time and money by not having to buy stamps and physically mail payments
The payment of taxes, court-ordered payments, payments to transfer funds to another bank account, and payments to payees located outside the continental United States are prohibited. You will be solely responsible for any payments to prohibited payees if we refuse to make the payment.
To find Bill Pay Help, select “Bill Pay Services” from the left navigation menu, then select “Pay Bills.” The Help tab is located in the top navigation.
All payments sent through the Bill Pay system will include the account number you provided when you set up the payee. You may want to confirm the account number you provided is accurate.
If a payment has been outstanding for more than five business days, we can open a payment investigation at your request. We will work with the merchant to find out where your payment is in the payment process and why it is taking so long for the merchant to post the payment to your account. We will work with the merchant until your payment investigation is resolved and provide updates to you through bank mail.
First Citizens Mobile & Tablet Banking
- Log-in using Touch ID® and 4-digit PIN
- View your account balances and recent transactions, including accounts you have with other financial institutions and retailers
- Transfer money between your accounts at First Citizens, your accounts at another financial institution and to another First Citizens Customer2
- Deposit checks using your iPhone® or AndroidTM device
- Pay anyone with Pay People® using only a mobile phone number or an email address
- Locate nearby branches and ATMs using your phone's GPS capability, or by searching by street address, city, state and zip code
- iPhone®, iPad®* and iPod® Touch devices with operating system iOS 8 or later.
- AndroidTM mobile and Tablet devices with an operating system of 5.0.1 or later.
Remember to check the First Citizens logo to make sure you recognize it as the correct bank. There are multiple banks with the name First Citizens Bank. As a reminder, First Citizens is headquartered in Raleigh, NC. This will appear in the app description.
- Money Market
- Certificate of Deposit (CD)
- Individual Retirement Account (IRA)
- Credit Card
- Line of Credit
- Mortgage Loans
Mobile Check Deposit
The maximum deposit limit for Businesses is $15,000 daily and $30,000 monthly. Mobile Check Deposit is not available to BOB Advantage® customers.
The maximum deposit limit for Wealth1 customers is $15,000 daily and $30,000 monthly.
*These limits are for illustrative purposes only. Your actual limit may vary based on your account type, transaction history, overall banking relationship, and other factors determined by First Citizens Bank. Your actual deposit limit may be higher or lower than the limits shown here.
Deposits are subject to verification and will not be available for immediate withdrawal. Deposits made using Mobile Check Deposit are not subject to the funds availability requirements of Regulation CC.
- Checks Allowed for Deposit:
- Personal, business and government checks payable in U.S. dollars
- Checks drawn on a U.S. bank
- Checks payable and endorsed by the account holder
- Checks NOT Allowed for Deposit:
- U.S. postal money orders and savings bonds
- Foreign or international checks
- Traveler's checks
- Money orders
- Convenience checks or checks drawn on a line of credit
Message & Alerts
To set up your Account Alerts, select Alerts from the left navigation menu, then Account Alerts to get started.
Online & Mobile Security
If you travel internationally, you may be denied access from certain countries or find that you are asked to provide a secure access code, even if you registered your computer as a Private Computer.
Alternatively, First Citizens offers Mobile and Tablet Banking, which would be safer than using a public computer.
Quicken & QuickBooks
Before you begin using Quicken or QuickBooks websites:
- From within Quicken, click Edit then Preferences.
- Next, select Quicken Program, then click the “Web Connect” option.
- Check the box that reads “Give me the option of saving to a file whenever I download Web Connect data” and click OK.
- Open your Quicken software.
- Select the account you wish to access with Web Connect (checking, savings, etc.).
- Click the Overview tab, located above the Register.
- Under the Account Attributes section, click and select Change Online Services.
- The Financial Institution name, located just above “Transaction Download”, must reflect “First Citizens Bank, Web Connect” in order to function properly. If the Financial Institution name does NOT reflect this name, click and select “Deactivate” in the Transaction Download option.
- Once Transaction Download is deactivated, click the General Information tab at the top of the screen.
- Under the “Financial Institution” box, double click to view a list of all banks that are compatible with Quickens online services. Click and select the Institution “First Citizens Bank, Web Connect”.
NOTE: If you are unable to locate “First Citizens Bank, Web Connect” in the list, click and select the One Step Update option. This option can be found under the Online menu, or simply by clicking the Update symbol next to the Back button. Uncheck all of the options under One Step Update, then select Update Now. This will update your Quicken software, which will also update your Financial Institution list to reflect the “First Citizens Bank, Web Connect” option.
- Click back onto the Online Services tab.
- Under the Transaction Download option, click the Activate button.
- You will then be directed to the First Citizens web site, along with instructions on how to use Web Connect. Log into Digital Banking and attempt to download your transactions.
- Once the transactions are downloaded, go back to your Quicken register. The downloaded transactions will be located just below your register.
- Click Accept All to add any or all of the downloaded transactions to your register.
Account opening and credit subject to Bank approval. Member FDIC.
First Citizens does not charge fees to download or access First Citizens Digital Banking, including the First Citizens mobile banking app or First Citizens Text Banking. Mobile carrier fees may apply for data and text message usage. Check with your carrier for more information. Fees may apply for use of certain services in First Citizens Digital Banking.
1. Investments in securities, annuities and insurance are not insured by the FDIC or any federal government agency; may lose value; are not a deposit or other obligation of, or guaranteed by, any bank or bank affiliate; and are subject to investment risks, including possible loss of the principal amount invested. Brokerage and some investment advisory services are offered through First Citizens Investor Services, Inc. Member FINRA/ SIPC. First Citizens Asset Management, Inc. provides investment advisory services.
2. A transaction fee of $2.99 applies when transferring funds from your First Citizens account to an account at another financial institution.
iPhone®, iPad®, and Touch ID® are registered trademarks of Apple, Inc. AndroidTM is a trademark of Google, Inc. Apple and Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Google Play and Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc. Quicken® and QuickBooks® are registered trademarks of Intuit, Inc.
Can’t find the answer you need?
If you didn’t find what you were looking for, please send us your questions directly.
1.888.FC DIRECT (1.888.323.4732)