Security & Alerts
We make it easy to stay alert and secure
Keep tabs on your accounts
Enroll in text and email alerts to help you keep on top of your account activity.
- Customize alerts to notify you when certain transactions occur
- Get daily balance updates
- Find out when your overdraft protection is used
Get notified of card activity
Enroll in text and email alerts to notify you of card activity.
- Get alerts for debit or credit card transactions
- Find out when your account number was used without a card present
- Get payment due date reminders and balance alerts
Keep your accounts secure
Enroll in security alerts for a heads up on possible fraudulent activity and stay one step ahead of identity theft.
- Get notified when someone is logging into your account
- Be alerted if your contact information is changed
- Find out if your login ID or password is changed
The same secure banking you've come to rely on us for in person, online
We'll automatically send you alerts if your account credentials change.
Temporarily freeze or unfreeze your card if it's lost or stolen, or if you suspect fraud.
Rest assured that all your confidential account information is protected.
Your money is insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.
People often ask us
Alerts can help you manage your money and stay in touch with your accounts any time through email or text message. Some security alerts are required and will keep you informed about changes to your online profile. Other alerts are optional and will notify you of specific activity occurring on your accounts, such as:
- Online Security Alerts to notify you in the case of certain activity on your Digital Banking profile.
- Account Alerts to notify you when certain transactions occur in your checking and savings accounts.
- Card Alerts to notify you about your debit and credit card activity.
Security alerts are real-time emails or text alerts that tell you when your account has been accessed, when there's an attempt to change your login ID or password, or when changes are made to your profile. To learn more, log in to Digital Banking and select Alerts, then Security Alerts, or visit our Alerts page.
Yes. The first time you log in from a new device, you'll receive a one-time secure access code. If the device you’re accessing Digital Banking from is a computer you use often and always physically control, you may choose to register it. Then, whenever you log in, you'll be recognized on the computer. Never choose to register a public device.
A secure message is a correspondence between you and First Citizens Bank through the Message Center section of Digital Banking. You can send us a message if you have a question, encounter an issue or have general feedback and a representative will respond within 2 business days.
Secure login protects you from unauthorized online access to your accounts. It includes security layers that may be used to confirm your identity and also allows you to be sure you're at our secure online website before you enter your password.
Secure messages and certain alerts are delivered in real time. However, there are some alerts, such as a daily balance summary and a balance over/under alert that are sent each morning.
You can change your login ID and your password by selecting Forgot ID/Password? link in our login box. When changing your login ID or password, please follow these guidelines.
- Login IDs must be 6 to 14 characters.
- Your login ID can't be the same as your password.
- Passwords are case sensitive and must be between 8 to 72 characters long, and must include at least one uppercase letter, one number and one special character.
If you've forgotten your user ID and your password, call our Customer Care Center to have your credentials reset.
First Citizens does not charge fees to download or access First Citizens Digital Banking, including the First Citizens mobile banking app or First Citizens Text Banking. Mobile carrier fees may apply for data and text message usage. Check with your carrier for more information. Fees may apply for use of certain services in First Citizens Digital Banking.
Bank deposit products are offered by First Citizens Bank. Member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender. icon: sys-ehl.