Overdraft Prevention and Protection
Tools to track and manage your spending
Prepare for the unexpected
Be proactive and layer multiple levels of protection.
Enjoy purchase assurance
Always know your balance and keep track with our online tools.
Avoid service disruptions
Stay in the know with security, card and account alerts.
Knowledge is power, especially when it comes to your finances. When you have a clear picture of where your money's going, it's easier to plan ahead and make decisions. The tools and services on this page can help you track and manage your funds, so you're always in the loop and up to date.
Brush up your expertise by exploring our growing library of Insights. Browse dozens of simple, easy-to-read articles in a range of financial categories:
- Budgeting and Saving
- Banking and Security
- Calculators and more
Your checking account is already eligible for basic overdraft protection, but it's not your only option. Layering your coverage will help you prepare for unexpected expenses.
- Savings: Link your checking account to automatically transfer money from savings to cover an overdraft
- Checkline Reserve: Set up a revolving line of credit
- Basic Plus: Add coverage for one-time debit purchases and ATM withdrawals
Enjoy the convenience of recurring automatic deposits with our direct deposit service.
- Great for regular monthly income (salary, pensions, SSI benefits, etc.)
- Receive an alert when your money is deposited
- Get same-day access to your deposited funds
Manage your money online
It's easy to keep a bird's-eye view of your finances with our online banking platform.
- Check your account balances anytime, anywhere
- Set up a budget and track your expenses
- Easily move money between accounts
- View your monthly statements and set up alerts
Download our secure mobile app and access Digital Banking on the go. You can even deposit checks without visiting a branch.
Zelle® makes it easy and safe to send money directly to almost any bank account in the US—usually within minutes.
Stay updated with alerts
Log in to Digital Banking to set up and manage your security, card and account alerts. You'll receive a text, an email or both whenever an alert is triggered.
These alerts help you track your account balances, and they can be customized to suit your needs.
- Get daily balance updates
- Receive an alert when overdraft protection is used
- Be notified when your balance drops below a specific amount
If you want to track debit or credit card activity, these alerts will keep you in the loop.
- Get a reminder before payment is due
- Be alerted if transactions exceed a specific amount
- Know when your card number is used to make a purchase
Turning on security alerts will help you stay informed about changes to your Digital Banking profile.
- Know if your login ID or password is changed
- Be alerted when someone signs into your account
- Get notified when an external transfer is authorized
A few financial insights for your life
Need help with protecting your account?
Account openings and credit are subject to bank approval.
First Citizens does not charge fees to download or access First Citizens Digital Banking, including the First Citizens mobile banking app or First Citizens Text Banking. Mobile carrier fees may apply for data and text message usage. Check with your carrier for more information. Fees may apply for use of certain services in First Citizens Digital Banking.
Zelle and the Zelle related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Services, LLC and are used herein under license.
Please see the Zelle Terms of Service.
Funds deposited using mobile deposit will generally be made available within 3 business days from the day of deposit. However, availability of funds deposited may be delayed for a longer period under certain circumstances. Deposit received and accepted by 9:00 pm ET on a business day we are open is considered to be received that day. Deposits received after 9:00 pm ET will be received on the next business day. Deposits are subject to verification and will not be available for immediate withdrawal. Deposits made using mobile deposit are not subject to the funds availability requirements of Regulation CC.
Transactions typically occur in minutes when the recipient's email address or US mobile number is already enrolled with Zelle.
Bank deposit products are offered by First Citizens Bank. Member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender. icon: sys-ehl.