An integral part of your financial strategy, Estate Planning can help you create your legacy and ensure that your money will continue to protect your interests and those you care about.
None of us look forward to thinking about loss of life or the possibility of being unable to make decisions for ourselves, or care for those we love. This is a topic that so many families put off, causing them to be caught off-guard and unprepared when incapacity or loss of life does happen.
Don’t wait to start planning. We have the experience and resources to help simplify what can often be a complex—and emotional—decision. Working with you and your attorney, we will help to develop the legacy plan you want to leave—as well as an implementation strategy that will carry out your wishes. Our Estate Planning services can:
- Provide support and financial stability for your surviving family members
- Preserve your wealth for future generations
- Minimize taxes and expenses associated with transferring your assets
- Ensure your wishes are carried out when you are no longer able to manage your affairs (e.g., power of attorney, living will)
- Plan for unforeseen circumstances that can arise during any life stage
Our team also has the knowledge and expertise to assist your family with:
- Estate Settlement
- Application of federal and state tax laws
- Accounting principles
- Investment management
Considering a Trust
A trust can help you prepare for the unexpected and is an important component to add to your estate plan. Depending on your needs, we can help you incorporate the use of a trust as part of your estate plan to:
- Manage investments for your family in the event of disability or death
- Help reduce or avoid estate taxes
- Support an elderly relative
- Provide for a child’s education
- Support a loved one with special needs
- Make charitable bequests
- Protect your privacy
This material has been provided for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide tax, legal or accounting advice. You should consult your tax, legal and accounting advisors before engaging in any financial transactions.
First Citizens Wealth Management is a joint marketing mark of First Citizens Bank & Trust Company; First Citizens Investor Services, Inc., FINRA/SIPC, an SEC-registered broker-dealer and investment advisor; and First Citizens Asset Management, Inc., an SEC-registered investment advisor.
Investments in securities, annuities and insurance are not insured by the FDIC or any federal government agency; may lose value; are not a deposit or other obligation of, or guaranteed by, any bank or bank affiliate; and are subject to investment risks, including possible loss of the principal amount invested. Brokerage and some investment advisory services are offered through First Citizens Investor Services, Inc. FINRA/SIPC. First Citizens Asset Management, Inc. provides investment advisory services. Check the background of this firm on FINRA’s BrokerCheck.