A Long Road to Recovery, But Glimmers of Light
CFA | SVP, Chief Investment Officer
1 Why is the market's recovery so strong?
- Combined monetary and fiscal policy stimulus has amounted to an unprecedented 40% of US GDP year to date.
- TINA (There Is No Alternative) is back with a vengeance and forcing global investors to put more risk assets into their portfolios than they may have otherwise to compensate for this dilemma.
2 What is the market's path from here?
- Recent market pullback is not a warning sign and is actually quite healthy.
- After November 2020, several moving parts will come into play that will influence returns.
- Beyond the next roughly 12 months, we see the start of a much longer post-recession growth phase lasting at least another 4 years.
This information is provided for educational purposes only and should not be relied on or interpreted as accounting, financial planning, investment, legal or tax advice. First Citizens Bank (or its affiliates) neither endorses nor guarantees this information, and encourages you to consult a professional for advice applicable to your specific situation.
Your investments in securities, annuities and insurance are not insured by the FDIC or any other federal government agency and may lose value. They are not a deposit or other obligation of, or guaranteed by any bank or bank affiliate and are subject to investment risks, including possible loss of the principal amount invested. Past performance does not guarantee future results.
First Citizens Wealth Management is a registered trademark of First Citizens BancShares, Inc. First Citizens Wealth Management products and services are offered by First-Citizens Bank & Trust Company, Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender; First Citizens Investor Services, Inc., Member FINRA and SIPC, an SEC-registered broker-dealer and investment advisor; and First Citizens Asset Management, Inc., an SEC-registered investment advisor.
Brokerage and investment advisory services are offered through First Citizens Investor Services, Inc., Member FINRA and SIPC. First Citizens Asset Management, Inc. provides investment advisory services.
Bank deposit products are offered by First Citizens Bank, Member FDIC.
See more about First Citizens Investor Services, Inc. and our investment professionals at FINRA BrokerCheck.