Frequently Asked Questions
First Citizens Mobile Banking provides you FAST, SECURE and FREE* access to your eligible bank accounts so you can bank how, when and where you want. First Citizens offers several mobile banking options, and you can use any or all of the following:
- Downloadable Mobile Apps: Download free First Citizens Mobile Apps for iPhone® and AndroidTM devices to view your account information, transfer funds, deposit checks, pay bills, Pay People with Popmoney® and find branches and ATMs.
- Mobile Web: Visit firstcitizens.com from any smartphone browser to log in to a mobile webpage to view your accounts, transfer funds, pay bills, Pay People with Popmoney® and find branches and ATMs.
- Text Banking: Access your account balances, recent transactions, and find branches and ATMs anytime, anywhere by sending simple text commands to ASKFCB (275322) — no smartphone required.
* First Citizens does not charge fees to download or use the First Citizens Mobile Banking app, First Citizens Mobile Web, or First Citizens Text Banking. However, fees may apply for using services in Mobile Banking. Your mobile carrier may charge for data and text message usage. Check with your carrier for more information.
To get started you will need:
- A First Citizens Personal Online Banking username and password AND
- At least one First Citizens account, such as a deposit account, a credit card or a loan (see below for all eligible account types) AND
- A smartphone or tablet that can download a mobile banking app OR access the Mobile Web at firstcitizens.com OR
- Any phone with text messaging/SMS capability (for Text Banking)
If you need to reset your user id or password, simply click on the "Forgot User ID" or "Forgot Password" links on the apps or mobile web login screens and follow the directions. You will need your ATM card number and PIN to complete the process. After your user id or password has been reset, return to the mobile app or mobile web and:
- Turn off "Remember Me" if your old user id is saved on the device
- Select "Log in as Someone Else"
- Enter your new user id and/or password
- Turn "Remember Me" on and select "Log in"
You can access the same accounts in Mobile Banking that you can access in Personal Online Banking, including:
- Money Market
- Certificate of Deposit (CD)
- Individual Retirement Account (IRA)
- Credit Card
- Line of Credit
- Loan (excludes Mortgage)
Mobile Banking works on most major devices, including:
- AndroidTM phones (App and Mobile Web) with operating systems version 2.2 or higher
- iPhones® (App and Mobile Web) with operating systems version 4.3 or higher
- iPads® (iPhone® App and Mobile Web)
- iPod® Touch (iPhone® App and Mobile Web)
- BlackBerry (Mobile Web)
- Windows Phone (Mobile Web)
- View a complete list of mobile phones that support First Citizens Mobile Banking
- Mobile Web works on any smartphone with a mobile browser
- Text Banking works on any phone with text/SMS capabilities
Can’t find the answer you need?
If you didn’t find what you were looking for, please send us your questions directly.
1.888.FC DIRECT (1.888.323.4732)