Optimize cash deposits without going to the bank.
Smart Safe allows you to deposit currency into a physical safe with an electronic currency validating component on premise at your business. First Citizens’ preferred Courier will provide information to the Bank regarding the amount of cash deposited. Based on the cash deposit information provided by the Courier at 2:00 a.m. Eastern time, the Bank will provide provisional credit to your account the same business day.1
- Improves cash flow by consolidating available funds for multiple locations in a single account so cash can be fully invested during the day
- Reduces excess balances
- Increases interest earned
- Deposits post to your account early morning the following business day
- Ability to view provisional credit using Business Online Banking Advantage® Same Day Reporting
- Sign a contract with the First Citizens preferred courier service to order the safe
- Contact your Banker to ensure setup is started and completed for Provisional Credit service
- Determine where the safe will be installed at your business
- Work with the courier service to arrange installation of the safe and a date to complete safe training
- On the installation date, deposit $1 to test and verify setup information is correct
- Written confirmation to begin production will be sent via email from preferred courier service and First Citizens
- Each business day by 2:00 a.m. Eastern time, the preferred courier will report the amount of currency contained in the safe
- First Citizens will post provisional credit to your account for the total amount of cash deposited the same day
- On a predefined schedule, the preferred courier will pickup and remove cash from the safe for delivery to a First Citizens location for final settlement
Normal bank approval applies.
1. Weekdays, excluding Bank Holidays.