Recover 100% of bad check amounts
Traditional check recovery takes both time and money away from your business. By letting First Citizens, in partnership with checXchangeTM, do the work for you, you can recover 100% of the bad check amount — without making a phone call or incurring collection expenses. Best of all, this service is complimentary for our business customers.
Benefits of Check Recovery
- Improved cash flow
- Collection that's non-intrusive to your customers
- No equipment or software needed - everything is done online
- No redeposit fees for resubmitting checks, or return fees for bad checks returned a second time
- Automatic daily deposits of collected funds
- Eliminates the need for in-house collection efforts
- Significant savings of both time and money
How It Works
If a check is returned for insufficient (NSF) or uncollected funds (UCF), checXchange converts the returned items up to $2,500 and written on consumer accounts into an electronic transaction and re-presents it up to two more times through the Automated Clearing House (ACH) network. Items over $2,500 or written on commercial accounts are turned into a paper item and re-presented for collection one additional time. If the funds are able to be collected, your First Citizens account is credited for 100% of the check amount, and First Citizens receives a portion of the state-allowed return check fee, if collected, keeping the service complimentary for your business.
Normal bank approval applies.