What Our Values Mean for You
- Integrity has driven the way we do business for over a century. That means we focus on the needs of each individual customer, and we put those needs first. Gaining your trust is the first step in establishing a successful, lifelong financial partnership — so we do what we say we’ll do and work every day to exceed your expectations.
- Stability means you can feel confident in extending your trust to First Citizens. Our top priority is the safety and soundness of our business and the assets in our care. A century of experience and resource management has given us a long-term perspective that is invaluable in our industry. Your goals and dreams — and your family’s future — deserve a rock-solid foundation built on this hard-won knowledge and know-how. Our goal? You will be so pleased with our services that you will recommend us to your friends, neighbors, children and grandchildren. Yes — we plan to be here for your grandchildren.
- Service Excellence, with the emphasis on excellence, guides every phone call, branch interaction or other communication with First Citizens. You can — and should — expect accuracy, responsiveness, courtesy and a true financial partnership. We are passionate about educating and informing our customers about the choices we offer that enable you to succeed.
Who We Care About
- Our Customers — Our customers’ satisfaction is fundamental to everything we do. By genuinely understanding your needs and providing services and products of value, we strive to empower you to realize your goals and achieve success.
- Our Associates — Our associates are the source of our vitality, and we honor and celebrate their diversity and individual gifts. We are committed to attracting and retaining talented people. We support our associates in developing their fullest potential in an environment that promotes collaboration, innovation and productivity.
- Our Community — We are passionate about making a difference in the communities we serve and call home. We recognize the value of investing our time, money and expertise in service to nonprofit associations and other key organizations.
- Our Shareholders — We recognize that the first step in serving our customers is maintaining the solidity of First Citizens. We carefully balance risk and return, rigorously manage costs and continuously look for ways to improve.